#140edu NYC 2011 Speaker Lineup
July 14, 2011 § Leave a comment
Since the first #140conf, Education and the real-time web is a topic I have covered at almost all of our events. Earlier this year I decided to develop a two day focused conference to explore “The State of Education NOW” which lead to the launch of #140edu, taking place August 2-3 at the 92nd Street Y in New York City.
Education is at the front of every parent’s mind. We all worry – are our children learning what they need to be fully realized citizens of the world? Please join Science Academy’s Chris Lehmann and myself at #140edu for this special two-day event.
#140edu offers special pricing for educators and students. We are inviting allbloggers – who cover education, parenting, and social issues that pertain to education to join us. Click here to review the #140edu schedule.
Speakers at #140edu include:
– Adam Bellow (@adambellow) – Founder, eduTecher
– Andrea G. Michnik (@AndreaGenevieve) – Director of PR and Social Media Marketing, International Studies Abroad
– Aparna Vashisht (@Parentella) – Founder & CEO, Parentella.com
– Barry Joseph (@barryjoseph) – Online Leadership Program, Global Kids, Inc.
– Barry Schuler (@BSchuler) – Chairman, New Tech Network; Director, KnowledgeWorks Foundation
– Chris Lehmann (@chrislehmann) – Principal of the Science Leadership Academy
– Christian Long (@ChristianLong) – Vice President – Education, Cannon Design
– Cynthia Lawson (@cynthialawson) – Assistant Professor and Artist, Parsons The New School for Design
– Dale J. Stephens (@DaleJStephens) – Leader of the @UnCollege movement. Evangelist
– David A. Singer (@DavidASinger) – School Board Trustee, Harrison School District
– Debra Eckerling (@campusexplorer) – Senior Editor, Campus Explorer
– Don Burton (@dcburton) – Founder, eebee’s Adventures
– Douglas Crets (@DouglasCrets) – Director, dB C Media
– Eric Sheninger (@NMHS_Principal) – Principal, New Milford High School
– Erik Endress (@erikendress) – Interactive & Social Media Specialist, New Jersey School Boards Association
– George Haines (@George_Haines) – Director of Technology, Sts. Philip and James School
– Gina Johnston (@NHSoCal) – Social Media Strategist, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers of Southern California
– Inga Rós (@Inga_Ros) – Teacher, Commercial College of Iceland
– Jack Hidary (@jackhidary) – entrepreneur – business, social, political
– Janos Marton – Director, The Living Museum
– Joan Tiburzi (@JoanTiburzi) – current trustee and past president of the Harrison School Board
– Katie McFarland (@Katiemc827) – Staff Development Specialist, Cattaraugus Allegany BOCES
– Kelly Sutton (@KellySutton) – Founder, HackCollege
– Kim Sivick (@ksivick) – Coordinator of Lower School Technology, Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
– Kyra D. Gaunt, Ph.D. (@kyraocity) – TED Fellow 2009. Voicing the unspoken thru song, scholarship & social media.
– Louis N. Wool (@louisnwool) – Superintendent of Schools of the Harrison Central School District (and the 2010 NYS Superintendent of the Year).
– Lynn Langit (@llangit) – co-founder of Teaching Kids Programming
– Mahipal Raythattha (@mahipalr) – Founder, Brain Racer Inc.
– Marc Ecko (@marcecko) – founder, Marc Ecko Enterprises
– Mel Rosenberg (@MelRosenberg) – Educator, Parent, Futurist, Microbiologist
– Michele Haiken (@TeachingFactor) – Founder, theteachingfactor
– Mike Karnjanaprakorn (@mikekarnj) – Co-founder, Skillshare
– Patrick Higgins (@pjhiggins) – Supervisor of Humanities, Verona Public Schools
– Perry Hewitt (@perryhewitt) – Director – Digital, Harvard University
– Randee Schneeberg-Pomerantz – Director/Founder, Just Math Enterprises
– Rebecca Levey (@beccasara) – Founder/Queen Bee, KidzVuz.com
– Shelley Krause (@butwait) – Academic Matchmaker & Tribe Finder, Rutgers Preparatory School
– Shelly S Terrell (@ShellTerrell) – Educator, tech trainer, Edtech, Elearning, TEFL. #Edchat coordinator.
– Steven W. Anderson (@web20classroom) – Educator, Speaker, Blogger, #Edchat co-creator
– Tom Krieglstein (@tomkrieglstein) – Founder, Swift Kick
– Tom Whitby (@tomwhitby) – Prof of Education. Founder: #Edchat, The EDU PLN Ning, Linkedin group Technology-Using Professors et al.
– Warren Etheredge (@thewarrenreport) – The Warren Report
– Wendy Brawer (@GreenMap)
– Will Craig (@WillCraigatPWP) – Educational Director at Partners With Parents and Director of Educational Programming at The Handel Group
(Note: Speakers are subject to change without notice.)
To register for #140edu, please visit: http://140edu.com/register.
For more information about upcoming worldwide #140conf events, please visit:http://140conf.com.